Upgrade your OEM system to use a durable Sanden SD Series compressor – the standard choice for heavy duty vehicle builders and original equipment manufacturers. Now you can get the smooth, quiet, reliable performance of a Sanden in your Benz. Join hundreds of other enthusiasts who have converted to a Sanden using our kit. We are the first and only company to offer a robust and elegant Sanden conversion for the W123. The kit requires no special tools to install, and requires no cutting, welding, or permanent modification of the the vehicle. Brackets designed and made in USA from the highest quality materials.
- Complete step-by-step illustrated instructions with torque specifications and data
- Precision steel mounting brackets with yellow zinc (gold) finish
- DIN/ISO metric hardware set with hardened fasteners
- Complete HNBR o-ring set for entire a/c system
- All required hose & line components to complete the conversion
- New v-belt included.
Vehicle Model Compatibility:
- For W123 diesel Mercedes originally fitted with Delco R4 compressors (1980-1983 240D; 1980-1985 300D, TD, & CD). Please visually verify that your vehicle has an R4 before purchasing. Click here for a picture of an R4 Compressor.
- Kit uses either a Sanden SD5H14 Model 6630 (5-cylinder) or a Sanden SD7H15 Model 4272 (7-cylinder). Click here for more info on compressor selection.
- Compressor must be purchased separately from outside vendor. We are not currently offering compressors; Please click here for a list of vendors.
Hose & Line:
- Kit includes entirely new high side hose running from compressor head to condenser input. OEM high side lines (2 pieces) will be removed and replaced.
- OEM/Original liquid lines (receiver drier to thermal expansion valve (TXV), and low side suction lines (TXV to compressor) will be re-used.
- Make sure all original/OEM lines retained are in good condition before installing kit.
- Available with either ready-to-install hose components, or with hose and uncrimped fittings (installer must crimp fittings with appropriate tool).
- We use only Goodyear Galaxy full barrier hose for durability and multi-refrigerant compatibility.
- Kit uses only heavy-duty steel fittings, as used with OEM system.
- Use with either R-12 or R-134a.
- Set up with R-12 charge ports by default; use standard adapter kit for use with R-134a.
- No permanent modifications to vehicle.
- Flush system thoroughly before installing.
- Use with a parallel-flow condenser for best results with R-134a.
- For best results, change receiver drier, TXV, and pressure switch.